Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Five Fresh Tunes To Start Off The New Year

 
Start the new year off right with great music. Something about these few bands and the sounds they produce, just makes me feel fresh, clean, and in a better mood. Please listen to all of them, you’re ears will be very pleased! Enjoy!
One. Jonsi- Go Do
Jonsi is a musician & amazing vocalists, who just so happens to be from Iceland, one of my favorite places ever! My curious ears went on a hunt for this song after hearing it in a car commercial, about two years ago. Jonsi is also featured throughout the whole film, “We Bought a Zoo”, another favorite of mine. His music and art is so bright, colorful, & airy. This song would definitely be the theme song to the adventure of my life in the mountains & by the sea.

 
 
Two. Sondre Lerche- A Modern Nature
Sondre Lerche’s “Dan in Real Life” album is a favorite of mine. I’m not the biggest fan of the rest of his music, haven’t had the chance to listen to much of it anyways. For number 2, I was tied on 2 different songs by him to post. I went with this one, because Sondre Lerche- To be Surprised, as beautiful as it is, doesn’t sound like a new beginning, more like a lovely add-on to the rest of the year; unlike A Modern Nature, I feel a new beginning from it. Listen to it anyways!


Three. Peter Bjorn & John- Objects of my Affection
PB&J have been a favorite throughout my childhood and still are. This song is actually a favorite right now. So this list is in no particular order. Their album “Writer’s Block” has probably the best music for the start of the new year. Their music ranges all over the place, if you’re sad or happy they’ll have a song for you in any mood. Also they’re one band that I still haven’t seen live.

Four. Edward Sharpe & The Magnectic Zeros- That’s What’s Up
At first I wasn’t sure why this song fits into this category, but I found some reasons why. I just heard this song for the first time this week, so it’s new to me and I’m sure I’ll be listening to it all year. So now, this part only makes sense if you watch the music video, (so watch it) the part when the little girls leaves and doesn’t want her breakfast, well that sounds like me right now. Since it’s a new year, I’m eating a lot healthier, trying to not eat that much meat & dairy. So you could say, like the little girl in the video, “I’m vegan now.” My first concert was to see them, 3 years ago.


Five. Badly Drawn Boy- I love NYE
So this song really does not fit in this category at all, at least the title doesn’t. It’s more like a song to end the year off, but anyways I still love it. Or a song to end this post. Yes 2012 was a good year and this is a good song. I think this is so beautiful! Almost makes me want to cry.. (any song with violin in it might make me cry FYI) Out of all these songs, I think this is my favorite because not only does it please my ears, but also my soul.
 
Did you get that new fresh feeling I was talking about?
What’s your favorite song on here?
Happy 2013 People!!!
Love & Peace ~ Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment