Monday, January 28, 2013

Thankful Nights on the Pier

                                                                                            





Oh my! That only took me 15 mins to get the photos to arrange in that order, and it still looks bad!
Anyways 
One-Six: Well that's me, on the pier, at night.

The same night an organization had leftover Thanksgiving meals. They wanted to give one to my family & our friends, but we didn't need it. We took it anyways and brought it over to the pier. Over there, we were privileged to meet a guy who was sleeping on the pier. We started talking to him & gave him the warm meal to share with his friends. Our short chat turned into half an hour of story telling by him! It was super fun. All the kids sat down on the pier and listened. It was getting really cold & late, so we had to leave. Before we left, he told us he would teach us how to fish, and also to call him Grandpa! We wished him a Happy Thanksgiving He was such a sweet guy and I definitely feel so thankful to have met him. Also I feel so blessed and should not take anything for granted. I have a place to live, I have food to eat, I have an amazing family, I have an amazing God, I can go on. Too bad I don't have a picture of him, but I guess it's all me feeling blessed to be such with such great people & to live in a lovely place. 

P.S. Taken with iPhone 3GS by my Romanian sister! Te iubesc! (No translator needed ;))






No comments:

Post a Comment